13 C
New York
Thursday, June 24, 2021
HomeLatest NewsStateChief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said Oxygen will be used only for medical...

Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said Oxygen will be used only for medical use

Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said in an online dialogue with newspaper owners, editors, and distributors that a decision will be taken soon to take stringent steps to deal with the epidemic. However, he has not confirmed whether there will be a statewide lockdown.



Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said on Saturday that the state government was also considering setting up Oxygen Supply meant for industrial use as well for medical use. At present, more than half of the daily patients of Covid-19 in the country are getting infected in Maharashtra. Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray said in an online dialogue with newspaper owners, editors, and distributors that a decision will be taken soon to take strict steps to deal with the epidemic. However, he has not confirmed whether there will be a statewide lockdown.

On Friday, 47827 new cases of Covid-19 were reported in Maharashtra, which is the highest number of cases reported in one day in almost six and a half months. At the same time, 89,129 new cases of Covid-19 were reported in the country. At a time when the demand for oxygen is increasing, the state’s public health department last month directed oxygen manufacturers to supply 80 percent of their reserves for medical use, while the remaining 20 percent is maintained for industrial purposes.

The daily demand for oxygen in Maharashtra has increased to 700 metric tons.
Thackeray said that due to the increase in cases and the situation in the state is ‘dangerous’, the remaining 20 percent is also considering using the remaining for medical treatment. An official said that the daily demand for oxygen in Maharashtra has increased to 700 metric tons while the state’s production capacity is more than 1200 metric tons.
The government is not hiding even a single case of infection

A notification related to earmarking 80 percent of supplies for medical use was issued on Tuesday. It was said that this rule will be applicable in the whole of Maharashtra and will remain in effect till June 30. Thackeray said that the state government is increasing the number of investigations and also not hiding a single case of infection.

He said that the government is also considering steps like opening e-ICU and increasing the use of telemedicine. Thackeray said, “If there comes a time when someone snatches one’s livelihood, resentment is bound to happen, but if the dilemma is whether to save lives or jobs then it is important to make life a priority.”

read more: Many celebs are living beautiful moments of pregnancy in Corona Times









Sufia Khatun
Sufia is our resident geek with a master degree in English, She LOVES to write about Entertainment topics. She mostly covers Movies Reviews, Music, News, Lyrics, New movie trailer review, Celebrities Events, Entertainment, etc. Contact Email ID: swapan.techfly@gmail.com
RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

).push({});
5px"]